*** This role will have significant travel and extended stays in locations including NC, AL, MI, SC, and/or VA. Role includes per diem.
Project Managers lead Project Teams in the successful completion of construction projects, from the initial hand-off from Estimating through final completion and close-out. PMs are responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards and applicable laws and regulations.
Project Managers perform a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following
Qualifications & Abilities
- Organizing and planning for the safe and efficient execution of the assigned projects
- Acting as the Fessler & Bowman, Inc. spokesperson in all customer communication
- Maintaining the financial controls of the project and being held accountable for the profit/loss of the project
- Developing and maintaining the project schedule
- Estimating, pricing and negotiating the price on the project, and all extra work
- Developing the project team and holding each member accountable for their assignment.
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Communicating and upholding the Company’s commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team
- All Other Duties as Assigned
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred, or equivalent in training and experience
- At least five (5) years of construction experience
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
Classification & Compensation
- Works in field and office setting on a regular basis
- Requires ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Field work make include adverse weather, loud working conditions, and high levels of activity
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- The position is full-time, salaried and exempt (from FLSA overtime requirements)*
- The salary range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company**
- This position is eligible for the Company’s discretionary profit sharing program.*