- Responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of heavy equipment (Excavator, Road Rollers, Skid Steer etc.)
- Candidates must be mechanically inclined. Some experience in heavy-duty truck maintenance is desirable, but we will train the right people.
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy-duty vehicles Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used
- Primary Duties: Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy-duty vehicles and interprets test results Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure
- Communicates with and provides Shop Supervisor with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the
- Repair Order Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair
- Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles
- Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding
- Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
Desired Skills and Abilities
- +2 years or more of diesel mechanic experience
- CDL Class A or equivalent
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be mechanically inclined.
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.