- Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
- Configures pipe routes. Aligns pipes in pipeline sections.
- Installs precast manholes and structures set up pipe lasers, read transits for elevations.
- Communicates with other workers regarding pipe placement in preparation for welding.
- Removes defective or misaligned pipes. Corrects alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspects places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Grades trenches or culverts.
- Ensures pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Drills holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Performs continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilizes magnetic or radio indicators.
- 3 years or more of pipe layer experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints (a plus)
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.