Fessler and Bowman’s is responsible for successful bidding of civil/earthwork projects, from the initial bid review and analysis through the hand-off from the Estimating Team to the Project Management Team. The Civil Estimator is responsible for all aspects of the estimating function, including bid analysis, plan review, quantity take offs, subcontractor pricing collection, putting together bid information, and assessment of both winning and losing bids.
The Civil Estimator performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to
Qualifications & Abilities
- Developing innovative, accurate estimates consistent with Fessler and Bowman’s costs.
- Developing the project plan, the project schedule and the proposal documents for all estimates.
- Conducts a thorough and detailed project take-off, assembling all quantities, man hour requirements, etc.
- Solicits subcontractor and supplier pricing, reviewing prequalification requirements, and determining the best qualified subcontractors
- Reviews estimates for other estimating team members
- Supports the determination of whether to pursue a project by participating in the “Go/No-Go” process on complex concrete projects
- Identifies project-specific risk issues and the potential impact to Fessler and Bowman, as well as potential strategies to help mitigate those risks
- Creates complete project budgets once a project is being actively bid
- Assembles documentation for claims and prepare presentations for same
- Reviews project plans and specifications and communicates with project stakeholders and internal resources to confirm the scope of the project
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- Estimating medium-to-large commercial and industrial projects that include:
- Site grading, balancing, demolition, spoils removal, other earthwork, etc
- Underground utilities such as sewer, water main, etc
- At least five (1) year of construction experience
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.