Underground Utility Pipe Layer
- Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Configures pipe routes.
- Installs precast manholes and structures set up pipe lasers, read transits for elevations.
- Communicates with other workers regarding pipe placement
- Inspects places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Grades trenches
- Ensures pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with underground utility installation including sanitary, storm sewer and water.
- Able to read and understand civil utility plans.
- Able to setup and use sight levels, transits and tools/equipment required for pipe and structure installation.
- Familiar with general equipment operations such as front loaders, excavators, skid loaders and compaction equipment.
- Ability to plan ahead during pipe installations and assist with coordinating layout and material staging
- Be a team player, professional and courteous
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.