Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a growth-focused concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In order to staff the projects that it has on the books for 2017, the Company is adding to its field craft (all trades) workers.
Enter building contract specifications into engineering instruments. Transform and convert data into building physical layout. Review architectural, structural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Operate builder level, transit, laser engineering instruments and Total Station system
- Mark points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark.
- Measure distance between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor’s chain.
- Mark measuring points with keel (marking crayon), paint sticks, scratches, tacks, or stakes.
- Place stakes at designated points and driving them into ground at specified elevations.
- Provide structure off sets and/or drawings; set up batter boards.
- Install miscellaneous embeds, including anchor bolts, weld plates, etc.
- Create “as built” drawings, as necessary.
- Coordinate findings with work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with project.
- Perform necessary computations to complete survey work and assisting team members in their field work.
- Proficient with builder level, transit and laser engineering instruments.
- Must be able to read and understand architectural drawings and blue prints.
- Knowledge of engineer's estimates for design.
- Knowledge of Construction and Electrical Standard Specifications is a plus.
- Must be available to work overtime to meet project deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills, basic mathematical skills, problem solving and acceptance of responsibility.
Education: Degree in construction, or other related discipline OR equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- 3-5 years layout experience
- Previous experience in a construction environment
This position is full-time. The Company pays top hourly rates, provides a benefits package. Additionally, Fessler & Bowman is focused on safety and quality and has built a good Company culture around the team that supports this commitment. The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!