Recruitment & HR Specialist, Charlotte, NC
Fessler & Bowman’s HR & Recruitment Specialist supports the Human Resources Manager with all aspects of creating and managing a pool of qualified construction trades personnel for the Company. Duties are wide-ranging and are based both on regular and routine task management and special projects, such as candidate outreach, relationship building, and managing the recruiting and onboarding process.
Performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Proactive sourcing and outreach of qualified construction trades personnel, including, but not limited to:
- Building relationships with local candidate sources (unions, associations, trade schools, etc.)
- Building effective internal relationships with hiring managers, forecasting needs, etc.
- Targeting competitors with qualified craft
- Updating and monitoring all job postings, applicant tracking system, etc.
- Attends job fairs, organizes recruitment events
- Managing the lifecycle of the hiring process for field construction roles
- Interview and screen field candidates to identify those with the required attitude, skills, and abilities
- Works collaboratively to manage social media presence and marketing
- Maintain applicant tracking system, ensuring all data is up to date, candidates have been contacted, and the historical records are accurate for future review
- Facilitates pre-boarding and onboarding processes, including background check, drug testing, all new hire paperwork, orientation, etc.
- Collaborates with HR Manager regarding continuous process improvement and strategic projects within the human resources function
- Supports Company’s commitment to EEO and Affirmative Action strategy and compliance
- Develop written communications in Spanish, including job ads, new hire paperwork, policies, etc.
- Organizes corporate events and functions as needed
- Support project and company administration requirements, as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Abilities
- At least 2 years of HR or recruiting experience, required*
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), required *
- One-year minimum experience in construction industry, preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field, preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Requires ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish
- Works in the field and office setting on a regular basis
- Requires ability to sit for an extended period
Classification & Compensation
- The position is full-time and permanent*
- The position is salary and exempt (from FLSA overtime requirements).**
- The compensation range depends on experience, skills, and abilities*
Job Type: Full-time
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer