SEEKING CARPENTERS, CONCRETE FINISHERS
Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a growth-focused concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan with offices in Bossier City, LA and Charlotte, NC. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In order to staff the projects that it has on the books for 2018, the Company is adding to its field craft (all trades) workers.
While the Company has built a backlog of work in its core regions, employees that are willing to travel to project sites have the best opportunity of staying busy year round and earning the most money. Additionally, there are opportunities to grow with the company, which can provide additional pay and benefits in future roles.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- The position involves a variety of tasks, including welding, building forms and forming systems for concrete, operating basic hand tools and small powered equipment, and everything else that a carpenter does in the heavy civil field.
- Previous knowledge of civil construction, concrete works and steel fixing are essential along with a solid understanding of formwork carpentry.
- Ability to read blueprints and be proficient in measuring and cutting.
- Some experience building Concrete Forms and Decks desired.
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools. Includes rod busters.
General (Applies to All)
- The position involves anything and everything related to heavy concrete, finishing concrete, earthwork, and site utilities. From unloading and moving construction materials to building forms and working on large concrete pours.
- Waterproof, finish, and repair concrete in new and existing structures.
- Install items into freshly poured concrete.
- Spread, level, and smooth wet concrete.
- Create concrete forms and use machinery to direct wet concrete into them.
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
- Willingness to learn and follow all safety policies and requirements
- Ability to work hard all day, in good and bad weather, and occasionally deal with stressful situations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- This position requires climbing, kneeling, bending, and crawling often as well as the ability to work on ladders, platforms, and mechanical lifts
- Ability to understand English
- Valid Drivers License
This position is full-time, with a strong likelihood for year-round work if willing to travel. The Company pays great hourly rates, provides a benefits package. Additionally, Fessler & Bowman is focused on safety and quality and has built a good Company culture around the team that supports this commitment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time