Fessler and Bowman’s is responsible for successful bidding of concrete projects, from the initial bid review and analysis through the hand-off from the Estimating Team to the Project Management Team. The Senior Concrete Estimator is responsible for all aspects of the estimating function, including bid analysis, plan review, quantity take offs, subcontractor pricing collection, putting together bid information, and assessment of both winning and losing bids.
The Senior Concrete Estimator performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Developing innovative, accurate estimates consistent with Fessler and Bowman’s costs.
- Developing the project plan, the project schedule and the proposal documents for all estimates.
- Conducts a thorough and detailed project take-off, assembling all quantities, man hour requirements, etc.
- Solicits subcontractor and supplier pricing, reviewing prequalification requirements, and determining the best qualified subcontractors
- Reviews estimates for other estimating team members
- Supports the determination of whether to pursue a project by participating in the “Go/No-Go” process on complex concrete projects
- Identifies project-specific risk issues and the potential impact to Fessler and Bowman, as well as potential strategies to help mitigate those risks
- Creates complete project budgets once a project is being actively bid
- Assembles documentation for claims and prepare presentations for same
- Reviews project plans and specifications and communicates with project stakeholders and internal resources to confirm the scope of the project
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation
- All Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Abilities
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Primary work area is a controlled office environment but will occasionally be exposed to a construction site setting or being out in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls and subject to ambient weather conditions. The position will require occasional project site visits as well.
Classification & Compensation
- The position is full-time and exempt (from FLSA overtime requirements)
- The pay range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company
- This position is eligible for the Company’s discretionary profit sharing program
Key Objectives of Role
- Cumulative and Individual Project Profitability
- Minimization of Risk and possible project losses
- Repeat work and customers
- Selective bidding – Turning down of bid proposals