Experience and Education
- Support implementation of site wide safety program and provide technical guidance incorporating the following:
- Performing job hazard analysis (JHAs)
- Incident reporting
- Instructing courses
- Toolbox talks
- Safety inspections
- Morning huddle meetings
- Engage and collaborate with line supervisors to ensure compliance with all safety policies with emphasis on site operations
- Conduct and document regular site inspections to ensure safety program is being adhered to
- Maintain a visible presence through coaching and mentoring of programs in the field
- Collect, analyze, and report performance metrics. Stimulate improvements to procedures and safe work practices to help meet goals.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training activities and training schedules for implementation
- Monitor and report on all safety training programs and schedules
- Develop, publish and administer training modules, assessments and course schedules
- Monitor and audit training programs
- Develop and manage reports on completed training throughout
- OSHA 510 -OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry, required
- 5 years minimum of Safety experience, preferred
- Bilingual– fluent in both English and Spanish, preferred
- Possess sound knowledge of construction safety, and current federal, state and provincial safety requirements
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills in both an individual and group setting
- Strong ability to perform in an autonomous environment; organizing and prioritizing both time and tasks effectively
- CPR, first aid certified
- Accomplished Safety Trainer a plus
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
- Permanent Hire (First 6 months has heavy travel to Boydton, VA. Per diem included).
- Long term location of position is Charlotte, NC
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.