Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a growth-focused concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan with offices in Bossier City, LA and Charlotte, NC. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In order to staff the projects that it has on the books for 2018, the Company is adding to its field craft (all trades) workers.
Performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Previous knowledge of civil construction, concrete works and steel fixing are essential along with a solid understanding of form work carpentry.
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
- Assisting the Foreman with plan layout and site stakeout needed.
- Transferring reference points and alignment from design drawings to the site to enable construction.
- Ability to read blueprints and layout job, mostly sidewalks, slabs, and walls with experience to set forms.
- Leadership experience in leading and managing a crew to produce quality results.
- Providing carpentry, equipment operation and labor support. Any other tasks assigned.
- Ability to work independently and safely in conjunction with a foreman or project manager to solve problems in the field as needed.
- Site layout and plan reading, pipe installation, slip lining, concrete repairs, and precast concrete structure installation.
- All other tasks to be assigned.
Key Requirements and Competencies
- One-year minimum experience in construction industry, preferred
- Elevations experience
- Knowledge of Mathematics and/or Robotics
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Focus on quality (accurate & whole)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Clear & timely communication skills
This position is full-time, with a strong likelihood for year-round work if willing to travel. The Company pays great hourly rates, provides a benefits package. Additionally, Fessler & Bowman is focused on safety and quality and has built a good Company culture around the team that supports this commitment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!