- Leads shop team to meet support needs of construction. Delegates workload to mechanics, drivers, and all shop workers. Facilitates staging and preparation activities for dispatch to/from construction sites.
- Acts as liaison between field construction and shop. Builds effective relationships with field superintendents and foremen to schedule, plan, organize and evaluate the repair and staging of all tools and equipment.
- Maintains meticulous records of inventory, work orders, maintenance and repair schedules.
- Ensures productivity by supervising work performance of all shop employees and maintains a clean and safe shop area.
- Performs equipment maintenance, repairs, driving, loading/unloading as needed. Serves as jack of all trades to cover needs of shop and to substitute in on some duties for shop employees as workload demands. Experience operating Dump Trucks, Low Boys, Forklifts, and power tool is a plus.
- Orders and manages shop and yard supplies. Performs inventory checks as needed.
- Cross training with other staff members to support as needed, other duties to be assigned
- Ability to lift, carry, and handle up to 50lbs as well as working in positions that require standing, sitting, kneeling, bending for extended periods of time.
- Ensures proper safety procedures and practices are followed for all shop employees.
- Demonstrates professional and ethical behavior aligned to the mission and organizational values of Fessler & Bowman in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years or more of shop or yard management experience.
- Spanish fluency (a plus)
- CDL Class A or equivalent (a plus)
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency or ability to learn Microsoft Office Applications, databases and other online filing systems.
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.